Re: [ST] Turbo Cruisers

Ahh, its not that simple...  Which style of supercharger are you talking
about?  No matter which you use, there is still a small amount of
spool-up time.  This does give you less "lag" than a turbo, but you also
have the drag on the system created by running the charger.

In theory, turbos are better because they are more efficient.  They
don't add any drag to the engine like the supercharger.  However, they
have the "lag" time while they spool up.  Really it all depends on the
system and how it is designed.  A properly designed turbo should be the
best setup you could get.

Also, you need something to drive the supercharger off of.  Cars are
easy, as you can use the belt system that runs the water pump and other
things.  A bike would be more difficult to supercharge.

My $0.02
Dan

>>> Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2/2/2006 12:26 PM >>>
Ah, but I said supercharged not turbo charged.  Turbo runs off exhaust
gases.  Supercharged is powered by the engine and is instant fully
instant all the time.

At least that's how I understand it.

So isn't supercharged better than turbocharged?