[ST] Cylinder pressure problem

Anyone have experience with compression problems?

  My 2000 ST with 92,000 miles has quit running.  We'll it quit running last summer after moving to Texas.  It had only been two months since it ran last.  I've procrastinated taking it the 240 miles to the nearest dealer since then.  Multi-bike ownership has some advantages.

  So anyway, the bike turns over great but just doesn't take.  Visually all is in order and battery is new.  Dealer mechanic tells me that initally he got 10-15 lbs per cylinder, after a little oil 100 on the center and 75 on each outside, but still not high enough.  Thinks a valve adjustment and throttle body sync is the place to start.  Valve adjustment checked 4000 miles ago, don't remember if any adjustments made, and throttle body sync at the same time.  He also mentioned the possibility of an ECU problem, fuel system problem, etc.  Hate to spend alot of money on a diagnose, fix, diagnose, fix cycle considering the mileage and lack of bike value.

  Any experience with such a problem.  Cause/cost?  Dealer thinks about $1000-1500 or more if a bigger problem, but since they don't know what the cause is I wonder about that estimate.  Also needs new fork seals, which also started leaking right after replacing the previous leaking seal, so may be a fork problem, and new sprockets.

  So, fix it despite the cost, fix if easy and cheap, or otherwise try to part out and take the $1000-1500 I would have spent plus any money made from parting out to start the next bike fund?

  Thanks,
  Doug