From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gavin Lawrie
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:10 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] screen on an ST

On 2 Feb 2006, at 23:39, Steven Kirk wrote:

> One thing which is very apparent is the screen. When sitting around
> 120-130
> kms (70-80) there is a fair bit of wind buffeting , so much so my
> helmet
> resonates and vibrates so that vision is blurred. I've found best
> way to
> avoid this is to change seating position but am considering
> changing the
> screen.

Something that might be worth considering is to add stuff called
'Micro-Swirl Edging' (http://www.saeng.com/4000.htm) to the top-edge
of the screen.  I got some for the touring screen on my '03 ST
following a suggestion in this forum to fix a similar problem with
noise / buffeting.  It actually seems to work - doesn't hugely change
things, but does seem to have moved the line of turbulence up a few
inches.  However somehow it has significantly reduced the noise /
buffeting I experience.

The tape is expensive, but not as costly as a new screen.  The people
selling the stuff are quite friendly, so might be worth contacting
them and asking if they think it would work on the new ST screen.

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03