Re: [ST] "Offroad exhaust" tune?

The K&N is a more "open" filter, allowing more airflow to get into the
system.  This has its benefits and downsides.  Some people worry about
debris getting through the K&N that wouldn't go through the factory
filter.  I found that, on a carb'ed Kawasaki, the bike ran leaner when
the K&N was installed and needed the carbs adjusted...  This may be
something the Triumph ECU takes into account, I don't know.  I'm still
running the stock filter on my 03.

Dan

>>> Emile@xxxxxxxxxx 2/8/2006 10:28 AM >>>
>From: MFay@xxxxxxxxx
>Just dropping in the K&N and having the CO level reset will result in
>sweet running ride. No need to mess with the tune

Is there a difference between the K&N plus CO level reset compared to
a regular filter setup? Or is it mainly psychological? I thought the
main difference between filters was the washability of the K&N?

Emile
www.piloot.com

www.packereng.com