Re: [ST] db's and ears (was "Offroad exhaust" tune?)

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Dan Wetherington wrote:

> Hmm, how could we get some of these to play with??  I'm sure they're not
> cheap, even for the ones with the foam tips like the Koss style
> plug-phones...  It wouldn't take long to hook this setup up and run it
> through my Starcom1.

Those CavCom.com earpieces look great but I don't see pricing either.  The
Koss earphones I've seen for around $17 if you just want to play with
something.  There's something online about trimming the tube on them to
get better bass too...

With using the in-ear I would hope to not need the StarCom/Autocom as
there would likely be plenty of amp from the radio itself.  Sure you have
that integration feature if you are combining multiple sources, but I'm
looking to avoid that complexity and expense...

I'd forgotten about wiring in the PTT button.  But if someone is good with
electronics and can help come up with pinouts and such John's right, I
oughta be able to solder up the connections.

Gotta be a way to figure out how to insert the Koss earplugs, put on the
helmet w/o knocking them out, and coming up with a connector system to
plug the ear, mic, and ptt together...gotta be!

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
       bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail