Re: [ST] Along the same line as Jack...

Bill Woovis wrote:

"FWIW I hate forum style boards and I'm an online
kinda guy.  Go Figure."

Jonathan West wrote:

I'm with ya Bill.  I don't understand the attraction.

Just give me the digest and trim the friggin' replies
and we'll all be happy. ;^)

Kevin Lisk wrote:
Good luck with trying to get folks to snip off all the replies.
Last time I tried (not quite so nicely) for a 500+ line reply in the digest,
said offender responded with a resounding "fuckyou".

Guys,
I don't care which format you use, I prefer forums but the current format is
Ok. If you want to use digest, then you better get used to untrimmed replies
because it's like trying to stop the sunrise.  If you get nasty about it,
Kevin got what I believe is a very rude but appropriate response.  Like I
said before, this list does not have all that much traffic on it AND
deleting those 500+ lines won't shorten your life by any significant amount.
There is more than enough trouble out there, you don't have to go looking
for more.  This is a fight not worth the effort until someone forces the
issue to change formats.

Jonathan - the attraction is you don't get your email loaded with threads
that are BS chatter on esoteric crap that a small click is interested in.
You don't have to chain emails to provide a history on topic. Just an
example or two.  It has both advantages and disadvantages.
Rod

deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin