[ST] Sprint ABS

I've been looking for a new Sprint. In my attempts to find a better "deal",
I've found there are a lot more '05 ABS Sprints around than non-ABS. I've
never owned an ABS bike and I'm hesitant buying one, especially a $10k one!
Anyone who has a Sprint ABS and has actually experienced the ABS kick in,
I'd be curious (and appreciative) to hear what it was like and how the bike
behaved. I would never own a cage without ABS, which for cars should be
termed "ability to brake and steer" instead of "anti-lock braking system,"
but not so sure I want a motorycle with it.
Thanks.

Oh, and if anyone knows anyone interested in a green '01 ST, mine is for
sale (Pacific NW).