Re: [ST] Suspension upgrade (was: Sprint ABS)

>From: halfast3
>Blake Sobiloff wrote:
> The best bang for the buck mod I made to my ST was a set of RaceTech
>Gold Valve emulators for the front. <
> However, your pogoing when hitting a bump while leaned over can
>probably be cured by increasing the rebound damping at the rear. <
>You may also want to dial in some extra rear preload.

I did turn up the preload on the rear a lot, as well as the rebound
damping. Also on the front I turned up the preload a lot. Did all
of that about 20.000 km ago. Maybe I need to turn up the damping
a bit more, I'll try that. Somehow though I always figured it had
more to do with the front springs.

I just did a google on that emulator: http://www.triumphnet.com/st/acc/racetech/
I don't know how much an emulator costs, but I know I don't have a garage
and that my mechanic's labour at 6 hours work will be a lot more expensive
than a set of progressive hyperpro springs (although I don't know how long
it takes to install, but it doesn't require hole drilling).

So how does the emulator's effect compare to, for example, a new set of
progressive springs, in terms of stability etc? Where can I get it in
Europe (or online) and how much is it? I mean a set of fork springs is
pretty cheap as well (although WP and Hyperpro are both Dutch, that
might help).

Emile
www.piloot.com