Re: [ST] Suspension upgrade (was: Sprint ABS)

>From: sprint_st@xxxxxxxxxxx
>RT emulators cost about $160 USD.

Ah... but a set of Hyperpro progressive springs is 135 euros according
to their website (which is also 160 USD) and standard work for my shop.
Thanks for the all the technical tips, but I don't have a garage of my
own, nor enough tools and knowledge to pull that off. I need the bike
regularly, I don't do my own maintenance except small stuff. The springs
sound like the cheaper and easier option. But I'm curious if the effect
of either is similar (compared to the stock springs).

>RT may be better than HyperPro's but not by much.
>Also RT's alone just don't do it, you probably need springs of some kind
>unless you are the perfect match for the stock springs.

Thanks for that. It says on a different page about the racetechs I
found that you shouldn't combine it with progressive springs:
http://www.gunsmoke.com/scot/r100gs/gold_valve/images/RaceTechInstallation.pdf

So my question is more the emulator OR the springs to give more
stability in high speed turns. Perhaps I'm used to much to the
amount of stability and ease of control from the R1150GS.

Emile
www.piloot.com