Re: [ST] Suspension upgrade (was: Sprint ABS)

On 16/02/06, Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think we should take up a collection and send some food to Stephen.

I'll have it - I eat waaaaaay beyond my size. While others stop for
smoke breaks I'm generally refueling my body. :D One of my mates has
said that there's more meat on a butcher's pencil ... but that might
have other meanings in the US of A.

I can also come clean that the light fork oil (and the final air gap
which I really can't remember but could probably dig out) was chosen
because of my weight. Even so, I had virtually no preload added to the
rear shock to get 20-ish mm of sag in full riding gear.

As a further reference, the HyperPro shock on the Speed3 is new so a
bit tight still, and that's set very soft (I didn't believe I'd be
able to tell the difference with separately adjustable high and low
speed compression - but I do know it really, really works!). Suits my
preference to be smoooooth. She's a big lump so doesn't like getting
chucked around aggressively. (We're still talking bikes here OK?) The
only down side is that I didn't get the front revalved at the same
time and it's clearly (apart from me of course) the weaker link. Hence
my comment on the emulators for the ST.

Anyway, it's getting late in the office here in the UK so it's time I
got some dinner. Good to see some email addresses again from the "old
days". Or is that another thread? ;-)

Slainte,

Spud.