Re: [ST] Hugger

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Kevin.Dicks@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Looking to get a hugger for the S3 (I know it's not....technically....an
> ST but it's a trumpet and the huggers are very similar I believe) - been
> looking round and found these:
>
> http://streetfighters-usa.com/store/page1810.html
>
> They seem awfully cheap - anybody have any experience with Powerbronze
> and/or streetfighters-usa.com ?

$105 seems like a pretty high profit margin for someone, although it might
be 1/2 the price of most of the other options out there. I mean, it is
only a piece of moulded plastic fer cryin' out loud!

> I am looking for a CF (either genuine or the look of....) hugger - any
> other suggestions that wont break the bank (I'm cheap :)

I'm cheap too and my thinking on this was to take a hugger for another
bike and hack it to fit. You can find all sorts of huggers on ebay, CF and
otherwise. A little work with a Dremel and pow... a decent looking hugger
for not too much money. Referenceing back to t595.net.. I've seen a few
mods like this there. I also saw a reference to purchasing a "generic"
hugger as a cheap option. I've never seen such a thing, but I assume it
would be a moulded plastic item, possibly with a lot of extra plastic that
you can trim and drill to fit the pattern you need.