Re: [ST] fire "engine"

BTW,trying to work my way to becoming the "worlds fastest fireman" racing my bikes at Bonneville salt flats and getting ready to head to Australia for some more of the same.Jim.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jonathan<mailto:jonathanrellis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:44 PM
  Subject: Re: [ST] fire "engine"

  Hi Jim,

  I can understand that going to the calls that are the usual repeat, no
  fire/emergency aren't exciting.  I also know the difference between a
  ladder, engine, tanker, rescue, heavy rescue etc.  That wasn't my point and
  I wasn't trying to state anything about my knowledge or experience in the
  fire service - I was just having fun equating the color red and enjoying the
  back and forth about which color was fastest.

  For the record - I am a call firefighter in Massachusetts.  We don't get a
  ton of calls and the other firefighters on this list probably have a heck of
  a lot more experience than I do or may every have, BUT - I am dedicated to
  it and love it, just like motorcycles.  That's all.

  And as far as less water and more HP, we only have hydrants in less than a
  1/4 of our town and other towns are about the same or worse (in fact the
  town next to us has NO water), so we have to deal with hauling a lot of
  water around here and water is heavy and tankers only go so fast.  I can't
  speak for Matt though - no idea what his district is like.

  Regardless - I like red, even if it isn't as fast as Aluminum Silver ;-)

  Jonathan