Re: [ST] Question from the lazy

I have always been led to believe that balancing motorcycle wheels on those machines is unsuccessful due to the wheels being so narrow. If there is a machine that does it effectively, especially front wheels, or if anyone knows more about this topic, I would love to hear about it.

Brett

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Witt <jeremyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:29:53 -0500
Subject: [ST] Question from the lazy

Since my ST is wrapped up and stored for the winter, it's too much work
to dig it out.

Since the rear tire is nearly shagged, does anyone know the diameter of
the hole in the center of the rear wheel?  The local guy who's giving me
very competitive pricing versus mail order wants to be sure he has the
right "cone" for his dynamic balancer before I bring my rear wheel in.
Anyone have a rear wheel off already and a micrometer on hand?  :0)

TIA,

Jeremy Witt

Field Engineer

Corrugated Networking Services Inc.