[ST] Fog

Hi All,

I did a wet mountain pass ride on Sunday -usually I wimp out and go home when it looks foggy and wet. This time peer pressure forced me to tag along.

I tried to hang on to the four guys I rode with through two passes (Du Toits Kloof, and Franschhoek pass). Both have very steep drop offs, and the road ends right at the edge, so go off the road and you are probably toast.

I learnt three things:
1. tinted visors are a nightmare in fog,
2. you have a lot more grip than I thought,
3. the water/ fog hides stuff lurking on the road.

I hit a patch of something (probably diesel) and had the back wheel step out in a second gear corner. I had to stand the bike up to stop it from sliding away under me, and by the time I got the grip back I was on the wrong side of the road facing an oncoming car pulling a boat.

I made it back onto my side with a meter or so spare, far too close for comfort.

I now have huge respect for the guys that do most of their riding in the slippery stuff!

cheers

Marc -sunny (mostly) cape Town, RSA

This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to
the intended recipient or such person's authorised representative,
for the recipient's sole use and is subject to important legal
and regulatory restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers
("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here
<http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm>
Or copy this address onto your Internet browser and process there.
The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient
(or such person's authorised representative) in terms of section 11
(1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
No. 25 of 2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email,
you automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.