[ST] Young guns! Or 675 to one.

All of you may have seen this but in case not....

Jack Lilley

Well 2006 will be a very exciting year for us as we are sponsoring Paul
Young in the British Supersport series on the awesome Daytona 675.
The bike has so far been tuned to 135BHP at the rear wheel with 58ftlb
torque!!! and there is still more to come!!!!!
We are fortunate enough to be able to offer a "supporters club" , there are
limited spaces but Paul would welcome support from around the globe. There
is more information about this unique opportunity in the "whats new"
section of our website, along with a few images of the bike.
The text below is a press release from Paul Young Racing:

Paul Young Racing & Jack Lilley Motorcycles team up for British Supersport
assault

British and Australian championship winning rider Paul Young will be racing
the exciting new Triumph Daytona 675 in the British Supersport Championship
this season.

The Australian born, Hinckley-based rider has received backing from top
Triumph dealership Jack Lilley Ltd. The Middlesex based dealership has
supplied one of two Daytona 675âs that Paul will be using in the Supersport
series this year, as well as setting up a supporters club for the team.

Youngy knows the three-cylinder machine well, having been involved with the
Triumph factory during the bikeâs development. Heâs put in many hours on
the bike at test tracks in the UK and overseas, so he knows the potential
of this British-built bike.

He says: âIâve done about 6000 miles on the bike over the past 14 months.
One of my jobs outside of racing is as a contract test-rider for Triumph.
As well as my personal interest in the machine, I have a soft spot for this
bike and a strong belief in itâs racing potential. Thatâs why I decided to
take on this project despite the factoryâs decision not to race the 675.â

At the moment the machines are being race prepped at Youngyâs Mallory Park
workshop. Paul says: "Itâs a bit like being a club racer again. Iâm doing a
lot of the work myself, with help from friends. Stripping down bikes till
past midnight and doing as much as test riding work as I can during the day
to help fund the racing. Iâve also been busy trying to rake in as much
sponsorship for my 2006 effort as I can. Iâve got the bikes and most of the
hardware sorted. The problem is that because thereâs no race kit for the
Triumph, all the special parts have to be designed, machined and developed
from scratch, which costs, as does fuel and entry fees and all that sort of
stuff!"

Youngy is in no doubt as to the potential of the Daytona. "The first tuned
engine is up and running and things are looking good, Iâd say we will have
at least as much power as the competition, possibly more. But the tripleâs
advantages wonât come from outright horsepower as much as the unbelievable
torque it produces. Iâm so excited by the prospect of riding a British bike
in the championship and itâs so good to see Jack Lilley Ltd getting back
involved with British Championship racing at this level. We are all really
looking forward to it!"

I'm sure you will keep your eyes peeled and remember that number 96!!

Many thanks

Dave Lilley and Paul Young.

Jack Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"
Que Lastima
4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42