Re: [ST] Brake Cleaning

Would you mind inquiring to what exactly this "fix" was?  I for  one would be  very curious.

  Matt Heyer

Jon Pitt <jonpitt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I had my brakes " seen to " by my dealer ...and the difference is
incredible.Its lasted too.When the brakes are simply bled, there is a
improvement , but it is temporary.This business of stripping calipers etc is
a similar short term solution , but it will get worse again. Brakes should
not need this sort of constant maintenance. I had a fazer 1000 for four
years and 37000 miles , the brakes were just as good as new at the end, with
only scheduled maintenance.

My bike is an ABS, and I complained about the excess lever travel. If it was
me, I would just make a bloody nuisance of yourself so that they fix it !My
dealer did something ( I dont know what ! ), and it has been great ever
since.

Personally I reckon there is a fault with the master cylinder .a guy who is
a hydraulics expert reckons its poor design..Maybe if enuff peeps complained
, Triumph will sort it out for everyone .I did hear that the 06 models will
have a new bit fitted to rectify the issue ????

regards

Pitternator