Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 10, Issue 6 (RAT)

>Message: 4
>Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 20:59:07 -0800 (PST)
>From: Michael Roukas <mroukas@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ST] And Harley riders wonder why...
>To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Steve,   Missed you at Thursday's R.A.T. Pack Meeting.
>The next meeting will be on February 2ND at 7:00 pm. I
>hope you can join us then. By the way, when my wife
>and I met (about 30 years ago)I had a motorcycle apart
>in my bedroom. Ten years after that we had a farm
>house in New York State and two kids. She used to open
>the front door when she heard the bike and I coming
>home from work so I could ride up the stairs into the
>house. Last year my new Sprint spent the winter under
>a sheet in my living room nice and cozy.Different
>strokes.   Mike

Mike, good that you RAT guys can communicate. Our local RAT rep Craig Westor
is here in Phoenix where our bigger riding season is during the winter.
Anyway, I'm on four of these online lists now and the local RAT forum is
having a bit of a time getting off the ground with just Craig and I doing
99% of the postings. Thankfully our local "Canyon Scratchers"-35 and older
group has a lot of on-line traffic, riding, +everyone knows each other and
even has a disproportionately high number of Triumph owners including the
group's moderator, his wife and father. That's Nine Triumphs out of 32
members and half the folks are track or dirt/motard only riders.

Anyway, I'm not sure our local RAT effort is going to get motivated with
their on-line forum. They do have a ride, once in awhile and a dinner
downtown, once a month but "these days" I think you need to communicate
online well else the group won't go anywhere. Below is a photo of a group
ride I went on with the RAT crew in early December with 7 total on the ride
+My friend Paul who showed up at the start on his Trophy but couldn't do the
ride due to prior obligations. Anyway they all seemed like nice folks but
I'd entertain any suggestion you might have about getting the group to mix
more often.
I've even tried inviting them on some of the other group I explained rides
but so far nada.

http://bigrex.net/pictures/RAT/Winkelman_12-3-05/Winkelman-5.jpg
This is about half of the guys who went on the ride; me center.
http://bigrex.net/pictures/RAT/Winkelman_12-3-05/Winkelman-4.jpg
More of the crew:
http://www.thekeithfamilysite.net/Scratchers-01-01-06-1.jpg
The other well establish group with 8 Triumphs on new years day.
http://www.thekeithfamilysite.net/new%20year%202006.htm
The Moderator of that group's new years story: