Re: [ST] ouch

On Jan 25, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Andrew Tait wrote:

> Got the t-shirt on that one.

'79 KZ400 - Dropped too many times to remember.
'81 Venturer - Dropped a couple of times and crashed at speed.
'82 Vision - Dropped in parking lot
'83 Vision - Dropped by a friend in a gravel pullout and I dropped it
off of a U-Haul truck (don't ask)
'86 GS550ES - Crashed at speed at Sears Point. My brother dropped it in
a parking lot, and it fell into previously mentioned '83 Vision (that
one really hurt, two bikes damaged in one day)
'86 KLR650 - Never dropped or crashed, although I got pretty close a
couple of times in Alaska
'90 Katana - Dropped in parking lot a couple of weeks after buying it.
Found out the hard way that full handlebar lock came quicker than
previous bikes. Later, while touring, I dropped it on ice twice in the
same day.
'99 Sprint ST - Dealer dropped it while test riding it
'97 KLX - Hey it's a dirt bike, what do you expect?
'01 KLR650 - Dealer dropped it while working on it during 500 mile
service.

So not only do I have the t-shirt, I have a whole drawer full of them
(but then I had a lot of help)

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned