Re: [ST] Thai Triumph

>From: Marc Van Est
>I don't care where the bits are made, just who designs the bike and how
>well it hangs together.
>Last year the RSA Merc operation won the award for highest quality Merc
>manufacturing plant world wide.

I don't see the problem either, don't see how that's news. Renault and Mercedes
also make cars in Brazil, Honda make motorcycles in Brazil, some of which are
only sold there as well. The Harley V-rod has a Fuji clutch and the engine's
built (or something like that) by Porsche, Mitsubishi and Smart make some
models in Holland, some of the big supermarket chains in the US are actually
Dutch, the harbors worldwide are owned by Arab companies. Czech Skoda, Spanish
Seat and Italian Bugatti are actually Volkswagen and KLM is actually Air France
.... If globalization is a surprise to anybody, then he/she has been missing
a lot the last few years.

About our Sprint, the injection is Sagem (French), the bags Acerbis (Italian),
brakes Brembo (Italian), original tires Bridgestone (Japanese), the rear blinkers
are identical of the older Ducatis (so probably Italian). Even the Bonneville
from the eighties had Italian forks and German controls, but English engines
and frames apparently. Hell, even the original Triumph factory and brand was
set up by two Germans from Nuremberg. Globalization isn't that bad :-).

Emile
www.piloot.com