[ST] Thai Triumph

>On the subject of where stuff is actually made, I'm with everyone else.
 >While I'd like to see the stuff all come from the nation in which the
>marque resides, I know its no longer possible.

Are you f**king nuts?  You really want Lucas electrics on your bike?  I hearby sentence you to one full year of daily commute in a 1967 auto of any GB manufacture.  (NO Sterlings, they have Honda engines)  I'd buy a bus pass.  :-)

FWIW, most of the controls of our bikes, as well as 75% of the rest of the worlds bikes outside the big 4, are made by Zadi and Domino, multi-nats that have swallowed up most of the well known former manufacturers, like Magura, Neumann, etc.  And for good reason, too.  They make the best controls and switchgear out there, Triumph and others can concentrate on designing great bikes and leave the details to experts.  Lowers the cost of R&D as well as manufacture.

David
'99ST