[ST] Gas mileage

I got 47.4 mpg on my 03 Sprint on a 617 mile roundtrip to Jasper and east Texas from Dallas last week.
We tour pretty fast, and I've lowered the gearing...
Rocker

"I just cruised the complete SD and BRP to get to FL for a
conference.  Total round trip mileage was 49mpg for 2,200k miles, about 3/8 of
the mileage were on the nicer roads (i.e. BRP, SD, Dragon).  The remaining
5/8ths of the roads were super slab.

The SD and BRP was a great ride.  Didn't see any LEO's and it was pretty quiet
on the roads.  I hit it Sunday afternoon and finished up the following Monday.
Saw Quail, Deer, Pheasent, Coyote, and a quite a few wild turkey's.

I pulled about 55mpg on the SD and first 100 miles of the BRP.  One the second
part of the BRP, I pulled about 53 mpg.

I could do the whole BRP on two tanks of Gas, but would likely have to use fumes
to do the whole SD and BRP.

I was fully loaded with all three boxes full. In addition I had a tent and a
sleeping bag on the back of my ST.  '01 ST configuration, Trumpet CF can with
the associated tune.  Normally, I get about 48 mpg (mostly commuting miles).

Tom"