Re: [ST] Touring on a sport bike

Thats the big let down of the ST. For some reason fully adjustable suspension is not available, not even as an option. A big oversight in my opinion as the bike really benefits from a good suspension set up.

Brett.

-----Original Message-----
From: MarcVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 5:00 PM
Subject: [ST] Touring on a sport bike

I'm quite comfortable touring on my Daytona 955, but it's a lot more
laid back than the 675.

The trick is to use your stomach muscles to balance your weight, not
your wrists. In any case, its poor riding technique to load too much
weight on the bars.

On a more sit-up bike that comes naturally, on mine it just takes a bit
of practice.

The other trick is not to fit a screen that's too tall -just tall enough
that at your normal riding speed the wind holds you up, and at higher
speeds you just tuck in a bit.

I test rode the ST1050, and loved most of the bike, but hated the back
suspension and the slightly tacky setup with the dials.

If I could buy an ST with the Daytona's suspension it would be perfect.

Cheers

Marc
Cape Town

This email forms part of an electronic communication sent to the intended
recipient or such persons authorised representative, for the recipients sole use
and is subject to important legal and regulatory restrictions, qualifications
and disclaimers ("Email Legal Notice") that must be accessed by clicking here
http://www.foschini.co.za/disclaimer.htm or copy this address onto your Internet
browser and process there.  The Email Legal Notice is enforceable and binding on
the recipient (or such persons authorised representative) in terms of section 11
(1) to 11 (3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of
2002. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email, you automatically be
bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice.