Re: [ST] Ignition short -- electrical woes - sigh

Wasn't this one item that was covered under a recall?

On Jul 19, 2006, at 4:20 AM, Kevin Byram wrote:

> Well, looks like my '01 ST is going to be off line for a while.  I've
> had some problems with the bike stalling when the bars were turned
> full lock left. It started to get a little worse and I misdiagnosed it
> as a binding throttle cable. Turns out the wire that leads up into the
> ignition has been working back and forth, looks like it might have
> been rubbing against another cable and developed a short near where it
> enters the ignition key module. Not sure if I can fix the wires or if
> I will need a new ignition switch module.
> Anyone here know what the procedure is to get the dash out? I need
> access to the wiring harness.
>
>   Kevin Byram
>   Northern Ohio

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned