Re: [ST] Life out there?

I have seem some surfboard racks for bikes. I will have to look around. I do think Jeremy's suggestion could be retrofitted.

  I could haul the skis, I just need the nobbies to haul my butt to the mountain!

Emile Nossin <Emile@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > We are hovering at $3/gal here.
>>I always get depressed when I hear about the national average. We've
>>been at $3.50 to $3.60 for regular the last month. I wouldn't be
>>surprised to see $4.00 here in a couple of months.

Hmm... converted we (Holland) are around $6.40 USD per US Gallon. I just
came back from Isla Margarita (Venezuela) where fuel was around 3 eurocents
per liter, that's $0.11 USD per US Gallon (!). To fill up a large 70 liter
cartank only costs about 2 dollars (I get one liter for that here), amazing...

Doesn't seem to matter though how expensive gas is, although I see less
Hummers / SUV's / "trucks" here than in the US, people still take the
car for the shortest rides even with good public transport right around
the corner. And they'll still take the elevator when there are stairs and
then complain that the fitness centers are not closeby enough...

More bicycles here than anywhere I think, good and safe bicycle paths help
a lot (as well as a flat country). I usually walk to the station (7 minutes)
to take the train (40 minutes, 4 times an hour) that stops right below the
airport (3 minutes to the crewcenter). Cost for me is the same as just the
fuel I would use on the Sprint, so I save on the rest. Don't need or have a
car either, I use a little trailer behind my bicycle for bigger loads (usually
walk to the supermarket). Life's easy :-), still gotta figure out an easy
way to transport ski's on the motorcycle though...

Emile
www.piloot.com