Re: [ST] Speaking of New Bikes...

---- Joel Ashman <ashmite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Buells are something that I really want to know more about.  They look
> so cool, and supposedly perform well.  The Lightning just got a good review
> from Motorcycledaily.com.  My only problem with them is the motor.  I think
> it'd be a no-brainer if they had the V-Rod motor.
>
> Does anyone have a Buell, or have any experience?

I demo'd the Ulysses three times. Good solid bike, but it didn't put a big grin on my face. Couldn't find anything wrong with it. We just didn't "click" or something. I still love it on paper and like the way it looks. My only gripe was a desire for an extra gallon of fuel capacity.

I also demo'd an XB12R and liked it, but found the ergos a bit tight for me (tall and lanky). Might be a great fit for you though. They handle well and the torquey  motors are good fun. Don't spin up real fast, but hoot on a twisty road powering out of corners. You should be able to get a demo ride. Hardest part is finding an HD/Buell dealer that actually gives a crap about Buells.

Garry