Re: [ST] Speaking of New Bikes...

In a message dated 7/28/2006 6:04:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ashmite@xxxxxxxxx writes:

The  Buells are something that I really want to know more about.  They  look
so cool, and supposedly perform well.  The Lightning just got a  good review
from Motorcycledaily.com.  My only problem with them is  the motor.  I think
it'd be a no-brainer if they had the V-Rod  motor.

Does anyone have a Buell, or have any  experience?

I've ridden the Buell, thought the Lightning was too short and handled
funny. The Lightning long is more comfy and actually felt real good to me  sitting
on it. Again, weird handling. The Ulysses is a great bike, decent power  (very
good with aftermarket muffler and re-program of the fuel injection),
excellent handling (much better than all the other Buells.,Why, I don't  know why as
the frame on the Ulysses is the same one used for the Lightning  long.  A
magazine test said the same thing...). The  suspension is the best I've ever
sampled! Only drawbacks are the seat height,  although I just read that Buell is
lowering the seat for 2007 and the heat that  comes up from the exhaust header
pipe on the right side when stopped. I  seriously considered buying one and the
seat height issue stopped me (30"  inseam). I figured I could get the pipe
jet hot coated in silver (or black)  which would reduce the amount of heat it
generates (worked great on the  Sprint).
Doug