From: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 11:20:42 AM
Subject: [ST] Tire Setup Question

Me and a guy at work were discussing the ZX-10R.  The fact that it has Ohlins suspension (stock) and others don't.  I read a review that Kawasaki played games to make the bike handle better and went with a 190/55ZR17 rear tire.  Most others have a 180/55 or a 190/50.

I ran the math and if I were to put a 190/50 on instead, the rear is 9.5mm shorter in height than using the stock size of 190/55.  Is 9.5mm a big enough different to throw the setup (street) out of whack?

Just a question.  We don't need to make this a drawn out thread.

Rich