Re: [ST] Battery Tenders

Thanks for that info, John. Only reason I am asking is to see what I should be looking for if something decides to go. I just moved and had the battery tender in its box in a box. And watching how those boxes were offloaded from the big truck, I wanted to hear what the symptoms might be.
  Todd

John Ulizzi <jaulizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  It is not consistent. I have two maintainers, the
tender and the Schumacher, and 5 or six batteries to
maintain, so I rotate then frequently over the winter.
I would take the Tender off of whatever it was plugged
into, plug it into the next battery, which might not
have had charge for the better part of a month, and
the light would stay green, not move to red indicating
charge. That was my first clue. Then I would
disconnect it and unplug its power cord, and the light
still wouldnt change. Then I woul plug it in again and
connect to a different battery, no change. If I
followed that same course with the Schumacher unit,
each battery would cause to unit to shift to the
charge light, for varying amounts of time, and then
back to green light, as you would expect it to.

Why do you ask ? If I could get the thing repaired for
cheap I suppose I would do it... I hate to through it
out. But with the other unit costing $17, its gotta be
real cheap.

Any insight appreciated...

John