Re: [ST] Tales of low speed get offs

My story:

  I had just purchased my first brand new motorcycle,  a lovely black and
red Hinckley Triumph Trident 900.  Until that time I had a series of used
POS bikes, my first being a Honda 305 I purchased as a college freshman for
$100 and a half key of Imported Vegetation, followed by a Yamaha XS 650, CB
750, etc. I started the Trident at the top of my driveway, turned the choke
off (remember those?) and let her idle down the driveway in neutral.  As I
approached the end of the drive, I dropped her into first and leaned right
for the turn...at which point the motor died, and I did the Artie Johnson
slow tip over onto the bikes' right side.  In an effort to protect my shiny
new bike, I went over with her, and subsequently trapped my right foot
between the pavement and the motor...so I'm laying on the ground with the
bike literally on top of me, and I can't move....fortunately, it was 6.30 on
a Saturday morning and the neighbors were all still in bed...except for my
lovely Jamaican next door neighbor, who , after enjoying a good laugh helped
me pull myself out from under the bike....the only damage being my pride and
a snapped right side footpeg....

Denis Liakos

'06 Sunset Red ST