From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Ulizzi
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 5:19 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; rcode94@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Kill switches

Um, OK. IMHO, the bar mounted "kill" switch is for
exactly that purpose, emergencies. ( I am now not sure
what it does and does not shut down, and will of
course have to investigate and do a comparison on all
my bikes.) However, to me, it shouldn't matter since
it is only used for emergencies. Now enter the MSF,
who teaches new riders to always use the kill switch.
This is totally moronic. Consequentally, on our group
rides, once we shut down at a rest stop, I find my
self walking from bike to bike turning off all my
friends ignitions so they dont have dead batteries
when it is time to get back on the road. I have missed
one more than once, and then we have a dead battery in
the group. And these damn guys never learn...and all
of this because of MSF training. The funny thing is
that this particular crowd I ride with arent
newbies...they're instructors !!!

:-)

John