Re: [ST] RS sales prices, Risers

That sucks.  My Genmars have not rusted at all, and they have been on long trips and through rain.  The only thing I can think is that the bike is in a garage and out of the rain, except when riding or stopped at hotels on my trips.  But no rusting or other weather wear, even on the caps.  Also, the main riser part has a single set screw for the little sleeve, but the riser itself is held on just like the clipon - it has replacement longer allen bolts; so the security should be the same.  Unless yours are somehow different.....?

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Barry Croft <barrycroft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2006 2:57:49 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] RS sales prices, Risers

I have ST bars and Genmar risers on the RS. The risers actually aren't the best engineered things I've ever seen. The alloy billet that fits over the fork leg looks nice and fits nice, but it's only secured by one fairly small screw, which makes me a little nervous. I have a nightmare vision of yanking on the bars and pulling them clean off the headstock if an emergency occurs! And the chrome cap you get to fit over the hole in the middle rusts instantly in the rain. That bar/riser combination just about fits with the stock cables though, which are at full stretch but not over-tight, and the bars just about bump the edge of the screen on full lock, without actually interfering with steering. And it does give just that bit more comfort on a long run. I also have a ZG touring screen, but being a shortarse I more or less sit out of the wind.

Barry (5'6")
2000 RS