Re: [ST] for Marc -

In a previous email, donnydogood stated:
> Now climb up on your roof and jump off, falling straight down to the
> pavement.  Feel the difference?

Now that's funny. That made my day.

In a previous email, Matthew Heyer stated:
 > Your analogy is tragically flawed...

No. He's sorta right. I can attest to that.
Get-off A: 35mph, left turning Volvo. Brake. Impact. I sail over the
trunk, land, slide, stand up and hobble to side of the road. Result:
sore knee.
Get-off B: 20mph, car starts to move into my path, brake, hit something
slick. "I've fallen and I can't get up." Result: broken clavicle and ribs.
Conclusion: I'd rather be shot out of a cannon than dropped on my head.

In a previous email, Matt Knowles stated:
 > But the point he's making can be demonstrated easily by the fact that
 > you can skip a stone across water.

Exactly the analogy I had in mind. An experiment: Step 1. Hands above
your head, chin up, body rigid, lean and fall forward. Hurts? Doesn't
it? Step 2. Run and slide ala Pete Rose. Doesn't hurt so bad, does it?

Actually, I would try the slide first.

It's all about vectors. Ask Dr. Science.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even
if you win you're still retarded"
             -- Unknown