[ST] Stupid bastards

Nate,

I'm reading your post, and I feel your "brother
motorcyclist" rage, as I have felt this many times
myself. However, and I am guessing you read the same
article I did, there is nothing in the text that
immediatley implicates the woman as being at fault.
Just because she drove into his path does not mean
that he had the right of way. They seem to want to do
a "thorough investigation" before issuing a citation.
That tells me right there that they probably think it
was his fault, and are shelving it so that they don't
have to cite one of their favorite sons. My guess is
if they thought it was her fault, she would have been
cited right away.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for these overpaid
underbrained athletes that think they are invinceable
and above the law. They get themselves a Hayabusa or a
Gixxer or whatever, have no riding experience or
training, and go out without the proper gear. Then
something happens to them and everyone feels sorry for
them. Ultimately, it makes us, the motorcycling
population as a whole, look bad to the rest of the
unriding world. I dont know what this guy's story was,
what experience he had, etc. But this other athlete,
Kevin or Kenneth, or whatever the hell his name was (
I guess you can tell I am not a sports fan ! ) that
cracked up here in Cleveland a year or so ago was
really a fiasco. This guy, who had never ridden a bike
before, zero experience, buys a GSXR 750 from a local
dealer, takes it out to a parking lot and proceeds to
do stunts and wheelies with it , without a helmet.
There was a security video from the parking lot
showing all of this, right up to about a few seconds
before the accident, which happened just out of the
field of the camera's view. He road a wheelie towards
the end of the lot, put the front wheel back down,
realized he was too close to the curb, tried to brake,
tried to turn, hit the curb and he and the bike went
ass or teacups into a tree or whatever. The facts: he
is an idiot, and deserves no sympathy from anyone. The
fallout: Local 6:00 news blames the BIKE, as if it has
a conscience, local sports fans are calling the owner
of the dealer that sold him the bike and making death
threats ( I know the guy ). Local LEOs have their MC
radar on full blast. It's nothing but bad press for
us....AND, in  today's article about
Roethswhatevergliger, this incident is even mentioned,
and very incorrectly states that he was wearing a
helmet and it flew off just before the impact. When
the video very clearly shows him not wearing a helmet
at all....On top of everything else you can't rely on
the news media to give you an accurate account of
anything. I was involved in a boating accident several
years ago that made local news. What they reported as
happening was so far from reality it wasnt even
funny....

Sorry, this shite makes my blood boil.

On top of everything else, one of my best riding
buddies went down this weekend, lowsiding into a guard
rail. With the good gear on he has four broken ribs ,
a collapsed lung, a broken jaw and several missing
teeth. But he's no one special, just a normal guy like
you and me, doing it right and wearing all his gear.
Nobody cares about him. But the football player, poor
guy....Yeah, poor stupid bastard.

OK, I feel better now...

John