[ST] I stand corrected.....

OK, flak jacket on and hold your fire.....

I reread the article and apparently missed the part
about a witness stating both drivers having a green
light, which, given the circumstances, would seem to
indicate the woman was at fault.

However, that doesnt change a whole lot. Again, his
injuries would be much less severe had he been wearing
a helmet, and that was his choice , his mistake.

Nate, was it you commenting on people being able to
kill a motorcyclist and get off with just a traffic
citation? Look at it this way. It is our choice to be
on a bike. Bikes are dangerous. Yea, Roethwhatever is
stupid for not wearing a helmet. But a non rider can
in fact make an equally compelling arguement " He was
stupid for being on a bike at all... those damn things
are dangerous". I am all for heftier fines and what
not when the violation in question results in an
accident, injury, or even death. There are plenty of
cases where the other party is blatantly wrong, and
gets off scott free, because they were a politician or
whatever. Y'all know which ones I am referring
to...But I dont necessarily think that is the case
here. Sure, this lady may have been on her phone or
doing her makeup or whatever, in which case she
deserves to get her ass handed to her. But what if she
just made a mistake. It does happen, we have all done
it. What if, for instance, this woman was your mother.
Now, she caused an accident that resulted in someone
else's serious injury. Maybe not out of malice or cell
phone induced neglect, but just an error in judgement.
Had the guy been in a car, everyone might have walked
away. He wasnt. He was on a bike. HIS choice. He wasnt
wearing a helmet. HIS choice. It is very easy for all
of us helemt wearing folk to not feel sorry for the
result of his second choice. But as riders, we all
want to be on his side for his first choice, because
that is a decision we have all made as well...to ride
a bike. Well the rest of the world might not see it
that way. And I am not sure I do. If this guy would
have walked away had he been in a car, should the lady
that hit him be penalized more because of HIS decision
to be on a bike? I think not, but that's just me. Can
you say that this lady, say she's your mom or aunt or
sister, deserves the additional fallout becuase he was
on a bike? Does she deserve the additional fallout
because he is the Steeler's beloved QB? The death
threats she will likely receive?  I dont think so....

And before any of you even think this has anything to
do with me being from Cleveland and this is a Browns/
Steelers thing, I could care less....The Steelers have
always been able to kick our pathetic orange asses,
and will continue to do so with or without this latest
goon....

:-)

John