Jonathan West

Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:56:31 EDT
From: BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 14/06/2006 1:09:32 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time,
triumphnutter@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'd like to know if your bike has a new propensity to stand up while
> (front)
> braking in corners.  Don't go throwin it away tyring to do this... If you're
> not comfortable with braking in corners, than forget about it.  I've tried
> Shinkos on 3 of my bikes and they all had a new propensity to stand right up
> in
> a corner if I used any amount of front brake.  I'm just curious if others
> are
> getting the same result.

Johnathan,

You may need to explain this a little more, as my understanding is that a
motorcycle will want to stand up anyway if you apply the front brakes while
cornering. Are you saying that the Shinkos exaggerate this effect?

I would really like to keep using these tyres as they are half the price of
the major brands in this country. So far I like the rear over the 020,
especially for its neutral feel. The front has really gone off in the last
thousand
k's or so to the point where I was riding with very little confidence. I've
heard from a lot of people that no longer like Bridgestones, so we'll see.

Brett.