Re: [ST] Cleaning Brake Calipers

HA!  Been there done that :o)  That's when I decided - screw it I'll just replace the seals.  So I proceeded to repeat that process on all pistons, removed the old seals, cleaned everything up and put it all back together.

really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:51 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Cleaning Brake Calipers (was: some kind of berger)

<<SNIP>>

When you're squeezing the pistons out, do it carefully and dont go to far.

If you do the piston will pop out and you will be wearing brake fluid and
watching it pour onto the floor and swearing your head off while you grab the
piston to put it back in and pray that it didnt get onto something critical...
<<SNIP>>