Re: [ST] Mirror Extenders

Does Sky King sell mirror extenders for the RS?  Also, I don't think all of these options are interchangeable....the mirrors on the ST and the RS are not the same.....

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: sprint_st@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:08:09 AM
Subject: [ST] Mirror Extenders

John,
I believe Sky King does sell very ugly mirror extenders.  Jack Lilley used to sell an extendable "racing" mirror but doesn't anymore although it was kinda ugly too plus very pricey.  I put mirrors from a Daytona 600 on and they were better, didn't look that bad but did have some buzz at certain rpm points.  I have seen R1100S mirrors on an RS but they didn't look too good, are pricey and would be a pain to install.  I know about the pain to install because I have a pair on my ST where they do look good IMO.  The Daytona mirrors took a bit of dremeling but the stock mirrors would still fit.  There are several other bike mirrors that will install with various degrees of mutilating --- oh, modification is the proper term.  If you do a search on some of the lists there should be several threads on each of them about this topic.
Rod