Re: [ST] Speed cameras....

In your message regarding [ST] Speed cameras.... dated Thu, 15 Jun 2006
10:20:52 -0700 (PDT), John Ulizzi said that ...

>JU- Having just received my first speed-camera-ticket-by
>JU- -mail, I am wondering if anyone has any information on
>JU- the general warfare against these things. I am
>JU- intersted in both ways to fight it in court when it
>JU- happens, but also methods to fight the cameras
>JU- abilities, such as bluring or obstructing the license
>JU- plate number. I was cited for 38 in a 25, and the road
>JU- is posted at 35, and drops to 25 for about a hundred
>JU- feet, then back up to 35....

>JU- Any info appreciated. First person to say " Just drive
>JU- the speed limit" gets bitch slapped....

Check your speed on the photo by measuring distance over time.

Check the signs conform to your laws

Check the authorities were legally entitled to put a speed limit there

Check that the operator was trained in the use of the camera

Check the camera was tested against a known speed that day

Check the camera has been tested on bikes (posted by iPat)

http://www.abd.org.uk/ has useful tips from a country used to dealing with
speed cameras that might translate across the pond.

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/ also has a lot of info.

--
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/