Re: [ST] You are Speeding

The trouble is that with every change of government these things get worse
because of the revenue generated. In the state of New South Wales, Australia its
at the point where the Police Highway Patrol are considered just another
revenue arm of the state government. Every patrol car averages about $3000 per day
and the money goes straight to state coffers. Fines are issued for 2, 3, 4,
5kmph over or under the limit. Speed limits change over short distances for no
apparent reason.
The governing bodies really dont like being challenged over these things. The
cost of fighting the infringement is often the same or more than the fine and
in many cases the magistrate will record a conviction but waive the fine and
you still wear the court cost.

The message is always speed kills, speed kills, speed kills, but everytime I
find myself  doing 63 in a 60 zone I also find that I'm still alive.

Brett.