Re: [ST] Cruise-ring

Ok, I'm ignorant.  How does an o-ring achieve cruise control?

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Welsh, Jay (GE
Infra, Aviation, US)
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 8:23 AM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: denoose@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Cruise-ring

Denoose,

I too remember there being another source for the O-ring, possibly J-Deer, but I look through my archive of part numbers not to forget, and only find the following reference:

Caterpillar part number 8M-5266 (seal o-ring). Cat distributor - $3.43 each

If I google it, it comes up as DM-8m-5266 for $1.23 from http://www.dynamaxindustries.com/Price_cat.pdf
or 8M5266 from http://www.cat.com/cda/files/87091/7/seals.pdf

The later also give specifics of 70 DUR silicone - 8B4967; 75 DUR NBR Nitrile;  6V4430 75 DUR Fluorocarbon (Viton)

all a -318 size with I.D. of 24.770mm and a cross section of 5.330mm

if you can't order direct from these guys try taking the

-318#  24.770/5.330 dimensions to a JD dealer or maybe even a Home Depot

Caterpillar part number 8M-5266 (seal o-ring). Cat distributor - $3.43 each

Hope this helps

Jay
'00ST

Message: 17