Re: [ST] Back from the Track

That's why I would stay away from people who have done cams, frame drilling, or other stuff other than upgrading and maintaning the bike.  Sure you might go through brake pads faster, but that goes back to normal as soon as you aren't braking as hard.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Harwood <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:39:09 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Back from the Track

By the same reasoning, a racer might well install parts that require
much more frequent maintenance/inspection/adjustment periods.  That
could leave a non-mechanical type with a dangerous machine in a short
while.

A lot of the design-work of getting a street bike into mass-production
is making sure it can (usually) get between increasingly wide service
intervals without problems.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> wyckoffjustin@xxxxxxxxx 20/06/2006 14:33:29 >>>
Being a racer myself, I can say that 85% of all racers are severly
critical of their rides. After each practice session and race, generally
you do a visiual inspection of everything, measure pressures, verify oil
levels, look for any leaks, etc. It becomes a ritual, and is very
important.

<snip>

  Justin