[ST] Chain Lengths

OK - so any one else run into this?

I was helping a friend put a new chain on his '05 ST.  I did it on mine ('00 ST) and recalled that it was a 530, 108-link.  But I told him to check with the dealer because while the newer ones have some part sharing and similar specs with the older ones, there are obviously things that are different.  Well he calls the dealer and they tell him the new ST's are 530 108-link.  He orders the chain, gets it in, comes to my house, we break the old chain, install the new chain, tighten the wheel......end of the adjustment and the chain is still loose.  We count the links on the new one to make sure he actually got a 108-link - and it is.  We count the old (original stock) chain, and go figure it's 106-link.  He calls the dealer, who still insists that Triumph says that it is a 108-link, to which he replies that 1- he has a 108-link on the bike and it is too big, and 2- the original stock chain sitting in front of us is 106-link.

So anybody else do a chain on their new ST's?  How many links did you need?  Did your dealer tell you that it is a 108 or 106 link?  And does anybody have the Service Manual for the new ST and can maybe verify a typo in the manual, or is the dealer just failing here.

We're just curious as we sort this out.  Thanks in advance,

Matt Heyer