Re: [ST] Tuying down on a trailer

I am sure everyone has their own opinion about this so I will chime in with mine. This was my first time moving a bike with a full fairing and it went like this: for the bars, I picked up some soft ties from the shop and girth hitched them over the bars, then attached the wratchet tiedowns to the loops in the ends and then to the trailer; for the rear I used both the rear grab handle and the pillion foot pegs (belt and suspenders kind of guy) as attachment points but instead of buying another set of soft ties I used some sewn webbing loops from my mountaineering gear box on both the grab rail and pegs--again girth hitching to these points. I used the grab rail contact point to pull backwards with the tie downs and the pegs to pull foward. I had six contact points overall. No problems. Thinking about it, it could have been the frame at the pillion pegs that I girth hitched around...

  On my recent move, I used a canyon dancer and soft ties at only four points based upon the recommendation of the mover that specializes in hauling bikes. The canyon dancer has this brilliant design that has the point of force on the opposing bar end with the two "loops" coming together across the tank. This point of contact with the tank is protected by a soft felt or fleece cover. The tiedowns attached to the end loops and into the truck. The rear soft ties went on the rear grab rail and pulled directly to the truck attachment point. Did not move.

  Hope this helps.
  Todd

Phil Allen <philmcglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Any advice tying down a Sprint ST on a trailer?
Where should the straps attach to the bike?

Regards
Phil
Find the Line