[ST] Tire Pressures

All the rear tires I have used BT057, MEZ4, Z6 and now a Strada seem to last about 4700 miles give or take a 100 miles.  A guy who gets over 6K on Z6's recommends dropping my tire pressure.  I would have thought that would cause them to wear faster, but who knows.  Any comments?

Just some FYI stuff:
My user's manual recommends 36 front 42 rear for the BT057 that came with it and also the two optional ties of BT010 and a Macadum.  Metzler is recommending 34 front and 36 rear on the Roadtec Z6. Pirelli is recommending 36 front and 42 rear on the Strada's. Avon's fitment chart is out of date. MCN did a tire test on ST's quite a while ago with the recommended pressure at 34/39 for a MEZ4, 36/42 for Azaro II's, 36/42 for B020, 34/42 for D207 and 36/42 for about four others.