From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patti Beadles
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:14 PM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] What did I screw up?

Yesterday on the way to work, my battery gave up the ghost.
It's been threatening to not hold a charge for a while now,
so I wasn't surprised.  When I left the house, it was a bit
slow to start.  I stopped for gas near the office, and when
I went to start the bike, the battery was way dead.

No big deal-- my mechanic is about five blocks away.  I called
him up, grabbed a new battery at lunch, and replaced the
old one.  Voila!

Today there's slightly less la on that voi.  The battery
feels fine, but whenever I try to start the bike, it starts
and then stalls instantly.  To my uneducated ear, it feels
like it's starved for fuel.  After about the third or fourth
try, it starts and runs just fine.  Hot/cold, doesn't matter.
It's done this to me four times today.  And it runs fine.

I figure I screwed something up, but what?  I'll poke around
a bit when I get it home tonight, but if this problem sounds
familiar it may save me some time.

It's a 2001 ST with an embarrassingly low number of miles on it.
(Long story.)  And it's never done anything even vaguely like
this before.  The only thing that struck me as at all strange
was that the new battery is physically slightly taller than
the old one.

Suggestions?

-P