Re: [ST] Helmet laws ( Was Wrap Up )

Yeah John,

I'm with you.  My best friend crashed his Tiger when an autistic (sp?) 16
year old rode his bicycle out in front of him at an intersection hidden by a
corn field.  Wearing a full face helmet saved his life and he still received
a crushed cheek bone from bike flipping onto his head and compressing the
helmet enought to smash his cheek.

For the longest time, I've felt uncomfortable in a car without a seatbelt.
And it's the same on a bike without a helmet.  I just can't shake the
feeling of impending doom when trying to ride without one.  It's why I don't
ride with shorts either, and now, it's even rare that I go out without my
jacket.

There is definately now several line items in the budget for new safety
gear, both on-road and off, and the budget has been approved by the CFO
(SWMBO)  ;)

--Joel