From: John Ulizzi <jaulizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2006/06/22 Thu PM 01:31:22 BST
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Helmet laws  ( Was Wrap Up )

I am starting to change the way I feel about helmet
laws. I have always worn one, and I certainly think
its a good idea, but the frre spirit/anarchist in me
has always resented a law telling me ( or anyone else
) that I have to wear one. I guess the whole
big-brother-trying-to -ptotect-me thing bugs me. One
the other hand, seeing a helmet save a good friend
from certain doom, and then Roethlis-whats-his-name
within days of each other, and reading all of the
relevant posts on the topic, I am starting to change
that tune...I still have the big brother paranoia, and
I guess my reasons are mostly selfish, but if enacting
a helmet law in a given state means a significant
reduction in motorcycle premiums there, perhaps that
would be a good thing. I dunno....

John in Ohio ( where there is currently no helmet law)

--- Zoltan Pavlakovich <zpavlakovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=172471387&size=l