Re: [ST] Helmets

That was a great series of articles. I tried after reading them to
find a helmet that was DOT/ BSI / ECE certified, but I couldn't find
one that was as comfortable or fit as well as my Arai Corsair. I
really wanted to like the Shuberth S1  but it just didn't fit as well
as the Arai. In my humble opinion fit is the most important aspect of
helmet safety. One can wear the best top of the line lid or the
cheapist of cheap but if it's too big or doesn't fit correctly it
ain't gonna do it's job. I picked up a good tip from the Scorpion
helmet Rep at a dealer open house a well weeks back. He said a great
way to test that a helmet fits right is with it on, and straped up
tight, to push on the back firmly forward and try to slide your pinky
finger in between your forehead and the helmet. If you CAN slide your
finger in, the helmet is either too big or the wrong shape for your
head.. (we do all know about different head shapes and helmet fit right?)