[ST] for Rod, Rich, John, Brett and Todd - etc.

for Rod - tiedowns
 >>> I got a pair of Canyon Dancers at my Triumph dealer and they made
the tie down super easy. In effect they are like hooking straps from
your bars to the trailer. <<<

    You can get the same effect by pushing your tie-down strap through
the eye on the hook end and making a loop to go around the bar;... it
has the added advantage of giving you a place to hook another tie-down
if you want to double up for safety.   Whatever system you use, make
sure the throttle is about half-way around it's travel, on the throttle
side, before you cinch down to prevent pulling against either of the
throttle stops.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
for Rich M - Wrap-up of Roethlis-what-his-name?
 >>> Too bad he can't be cited for being criminally stupid.  The guy's
an asshole for doing what he did.  On the one hand, I feel bad because
he got hurt.  And on the other, I think he deserved whatever he got. <<<

    You must have been reading my mail, Rich!  That is exactly what my
neighbors, friends, family and, in fact, most people think of me because
I ride a motorcycle!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
for John - Helmet laws
 >>>......not to mention it feels good to have your pillion hang on and
press their body to yours....at least it does for mine... <<<

    Nothing turns my stomach like a pair of tits pressed into my
back!       =8o)
                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
for Brett - Helmets
 >>> I guess I and people I have spoken with, find it diffuclt to fathom
that there is so much opposition to wearing a helmet and/or a law that
says you will.  Perhaps someone could explain this point of view? <<<

 I've NEVER met anyone who opposed the wearing of helmets or seatbelts
by others.  The Constitution prohibits restrictions placed on activities
of the individual for anything which does not impact the rights or
persons of others.  A mandatory Boots Law would make more sense than a
helmet law, we are hundreds of times more likely to incur a foot injury
than a head injury and a helmet is almost as likely to break our neck as
to save it!  If you approve of helmet and seat-belt laws, then you'll
love those laws which dictate what you can eat, drink, say and think,...
all of which will be coming soon to a community near you!  We need of a
LOT of protection from our oppressive, confiscatory and control-obsessed
Gov't here in the 'Home of the Brave and the Land of the Formerly
Free'!  Lord save us from those who would do us good,... we can save
ourselves from those who would do us ill.
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
for Todd - mesh jackets
 >>> How are the mesh jackets for touring? Anyone have experience with
any? <<<

    Did a 4,000 mile tour last summer, in comfort, in a Teknic mesh
jacket with only a Cool Stuff long-sleeve T underneath.  Carried a
windbreaker to put over the jacket when/if it got cold.  I haven't heard
complaints about any of the new mesh jackets.

                                                   dowgydoodoo        -
           You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's
office!