Re: [ST] Tire Pressure

Chris,
I agree with your concern and totally agree with your comparison between the
car and bike tires.  I am not going to embark on wild experimentation.  What
I plan to do is put on a new set of Avons later this week.  I am going to
test both cold/hot pressure and temp (center, edge, sidewall plus the
surface the tire is sitting on and ambient temp).  I won't be following the
scientific method to the n'th degree because I am going to put Ride-On tire
sealant in them.  I might try a run prior to putting that in just as a
baseline, but it depends on how lazy I am.   I'm also going to start at 34
front and 38 rear rather than the user manual values of 36/42.  That's just
because too many good riders are running those pressures with good results.

Just an FYI on Pirelli Corsa Strada's.  My chords are showing at 4100 miles.
My previous Z6 got 4800 at the chords.  I actually road the Z6 much harder
than the Strada AND the Strada did not wear evenly down the center.  I am
NOT a burn out or wheelie kinda guy.  Statistically the wear should be even
down the center all way around, but it is not.  I am not happy with the
Strada.

I'll put my results on the list.
Rod